What is the ABP?
- The ABP is a tax-sheltered, defined contribution retirement program for certain higher education faculty, instructors, and administrators.
- ABP provides retirement benefits, life Insurance, and disability coverage, which can help provide security in retirement.
- The ABP and ACTS offer opportunities for long term tax-deferred investment.
- The State of New Jersey has authorized seven Designated Service Providers (DSP) to provide investment options and services in the ABP.
- Six of the seven DSPs are also authorized to provide investment options and services for the ACTS.
- By accessing the array of investment options offered in each plan, you have the flexibility to create a retirement investment strategy that accommodates your personal circumstances and goals.
- To access more information regarding the ABP, please visit NJ Division of Pension and Benefit ABP Website.
ABP Forms and Resources:
- ABP Enrollment Application
- ABP Retirement Checklist
- ABP Participation- Contribution Rates
- ABP Transfer Form
- Beneficiary Designation Form: ABP or DCRP Plan
- ACTS Program Information
- ABP/ACTS Service Providers Comparison Guide
- Designated Service Provider Campus Representatives
- ABP/ACTS Vendor Comparison Guide