For information about benefit plan eligibility or participation, contact the Office of Human Resources via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. To view the NJ Division of Pensions and Benefits website, click here: Passport to Benefits
Pandemic resources may be found here: COVID-19 Resources
Side-by-Side Medical & Prescription Drug Plan Comparisons
Incentive Program for the Tiered Network Plan
The Incentive Program for Horizon OMNIA will be extended for State employees with modifications to past years’ incentives. The program will offer a financial incentive of $1,000 to first-time enrollees who remain enrolled for one year for all coverage levels (i.e., Single, Member and Spouse, Parent and Child, or Family coverage). The incentive is paid by gift card no later than the end of the current tax year and is deemed reportable income for tax purposes. The incentive shall be forfeited and returned to the SHBP if the subscriber fails to remain enrolled in the Tiered-Network Plan for at least one plan year.
Prescription Drug Insurance Election
Members must elect to enroll in both medical and prescription insurance. This means that if you enroll in the medical plan you are required to also enroll in the prescription drug insurance plan and cover the same individuals under both plans. If a member opts to waive coverage, both medical and prescription coverage must be waived.
Visit the OptumRx website for useful tools on pharmacy networks, prescription drug list, prescription pricing, and home delivery: OptumRx Website
OptumRx members are eligible for prescription discounts through the Optum Perks cards. Each time you fill a prescription, bring the card to your favorite pharmacy and save up to 80% on more than 50,000 prescription medications.
Here are a few examples on how to use the Optum Perks:
- Drug not covered under insurance plan
- You exceeded your coverage limit for the year and now must pay 100%
- You have a high co-pay which exceeds the cost of the prescription
Visit the Optum Perks website for a additional details: More Optum Perks Details
Information for Part Time Employees
Dental Plan Design Options
Important Changes to Your 2020 and 2021 Tax$ave FSA Plan in response to the Coronavirus Pandemic
For Tax$ave information including Covid-19 Guidance, visit:
In response to IRS Notice 2021-15 ADDITIONAL RELIEF FOR CORONAVIRUS DISEASE (COVID-19) GUIDANCE UNDER § 125 CAFETERIA PLANS the New Jersey Tax$ave Flexible Spending Account (FSA) is making changes To Plan Year 2020 and Plan Year 2021.
1. FSA Plan Year 2020 – Tax$ave is extending the Grace Period (date to incur claims) from March 15, 2021 to December 31, 2021 for participants with a balance of $25 or more at March 15, 2021. Also, the Run Out period (date to submit claims) is extended from April 30, 2021 to December 31, 2021. Additional changes include increasing age of Dependent Care cutoff from 13 to 14 and finally allowing terminated employees with an excess of contributions to participate in extended Grace period in order to recover 2020 payroll contributions. There is a blackout period between March 15, 2021 and April 19, 2021 during which no claims will be paid out but may be incurred. This time period is to facilitate the transition of 2020 Grace Period management from WageWorks to Horizon My Way.
2. Horizon My Way Claim forms 2020 and 2021:
3. FSA Plan Year 2021 – Tax$ave is relaxing requirements to change Medical and Dependent Care Elections. You will not need to supply documentation for your change in status but you must submit Enrollment or Change in Status (CIS) form to Horizon My Way by September 30, 2021. You can enroll, increase or decrease either Medical or Dependent Care Plan election. Reduction in election cannot be less than either the amount contributed in 2021 or the amount claimed in 2021, whichever is highest. We cannot issue refunds. This information is found in our enrollment guide: https://www.nj.gov/treasury/pensions/documents/taxsave/2021/fsa-essential-guide.pdf
Download a 2021 Horizon My Way Enrollment Form at: https://www.nj.gov/treasury/pensions/documents/taxsave/2021/2021-fsa-enrollment-form.pdf
or a ChangeinStatus Form for PlanYear2021:
Finish and Submit: Sign and date the form.
Fax completed form to Horizon My Way: 1-866-231-0214 or mail to: P.O. Box 982814 El Paso TX 79998-2814.Linda Matznick
Supervisor, Accounting Services Section
Div of Pensions and Benefits
State of New Jersey
Tax$ave offers eligible employees the opportunity to increase their available income by reducing their federal tax liability. Employees who elect to participate in a flexible spending account (FSA) decide how much to contribute for the 2021 calendar year. Ideally, employees who elect to enroll in a flexible spending account base their contribution amount on predictable expenses.
To view the Quick Reference Guide: FSA Quick Reference Guide For more details on Tax$ave, click here: 2021 Flexible Spending Accounts Overview and Enrollment Instructions The flexible spending account enrollment form is here: Horizon Flexible Spending Accounts Enrollment Form To complete the form electronically, download the document.
New! Grand Rounds Health for Second Opinions
Grand Rounds Health is a remote expert second opinion partner that connects eligible employees with complex needs to world-class experts. This benefit helps improve outcomes and reduce costs from incorrect diagnoses and treatment. Grand Rounds Health services are available at no out-of-pocket costs.
- Receive an expert second opinion for a world-class expert for any condition they may have which included Grand Rounds Health gathering all available medical records on behalf of the member.
- Find high-quality, in-network providers for local care and even have their appointment scheduled for them.
- Speak with a Grand Rounds Health Staff Clinician for any questions they may have about their health, as often and for as long as you want.
Visit www.grandrounds.com/shbp or call 1-855-734-4017 to enroll. Once enrolled, you can access your account on any device (desktop, tablet, or mobile) after they sign up.
Livongo for Diabetes is a benefit that is offered at no cost to you. The Livongo for Diabetes Program makes living with diabetes easier by providing you with a connected meter, unlimited strips, and coaching. For more information: Livongo Flyer
PennMedicine Employee Assistance Program Resources
PennMedicine Employee Assistance Program (EAP) offers video counseling using secure HIPAA compliant, interactive audio and video technology. Services may be accessed through mobile device or computer, and service hours have been extended to evenings and weekends. To access services, call (800) 527-0035. PennMedicine Employee Assistance Program Resources
Access to Your Program of Benefits
All health benefit elections must be submitted through Benefitsolver. Employees have access to Benefitsolver through the myNewJersey portal.
- Create a myNewJersey account: https://my.state.nj.us/signup/Signup.
- Step-by-step instructions to access BusinessSolver from your myNewJersey account: How to Access BusinessSolver
- Instructional video for MBOS: How to Retreive Your MBOS Log In Credentials
Free Add on Benefit for Employees Enrolled in a Health Plan
Retirement Plan Resources
Instructional video for MBOS is: How to Retreive Your MBOS Log In Credentials
A webinar schedule for retirement plan overviews is here: Webinars Schedule
- Alternate Benefit Program resources are here: ABP Information
- Public Employees’ Retirement System resources are here: PERS Information
- Police and Fireman’s Retirement System resources are here: PFRS Information
Defined Contribution Retirement Program resources are here: DCRP Information