The College of New Jersey will once again offer an Energy Savings Program to eligible employees during the 2019 calendar year. This program supports the College’s commitment to sustainability and energy savings through closure of College offices during non-academic periods.
TCNJ will be closed:
- Ten Fridays during the summer months
- The week between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day
Details about the program are presented below.
|New Year’s Day||Tuesday, January 1|
|Martin Luther King, Jr. Day*||Monday, January 21|
|Lincoln’s Birthday*||Tuesday, February 12|
|Presidents Day*||Monday, February 18|
|Good Friday*||Friday, April 19|
|Memorial Day||Monday, May 27|
|Independence Day||Thursday, July 4|
|Labor Day||Monday, September 2|
|Columbus Day*||Monday, October 14|
|Election Day*||Tuesday, November 5|
|Veteran’s Day*||Monday, November 11|
|Thanksgiving Day||Thursday, November 28|
|Friday after Thanksgiving Day||Friday, November 29|
|Christmas Day||Wednesday, December 25|
* Denotes an Energy Holiday: The College of New Jersey is open. Employees who work on an energy holiday accrue energy leave which is applied to certain summer Fridays and the period between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
Summer Work Weeks
The summer work schedule will begin the week of June 3, 2019 and will end the week of August 12, 2019.
Summer Work Week Scheduling
- There will be five energy Friday closures this summer. During an energy Friday closure week, employees will work their regular schedule Monday through Thursday, and will not work on Friday. Employees are required to apply accrued energy leave to each energy Friday.
- There will be five summer extended day work weeks during the 2019 calendar year. During a summer extended day week, employees will work an extended schedule Monday through Thursday, and will have off from work on Fridays. An extended day would typically be eight hours and forty-five minutes for employees on a thirty five hour per week work schedule, and ten hours per day for employees on a forty hour per week work schedule.
2019 Winter Break
- Tuesday, December 24
- Wednesday, December 25 is a holiday
- Thursday, December 26
- Friday, December 27
- Monday, December 30
- Tuesday, December 31
- Wednesday, January 1, 2020 is a holiday
For a printable version of the 2019 schedule, download here: 2019 Holiday, Summer Closures & Winter Break Schedules
Questions about the holiday schedule, the Energy Savings Program, or winter break should be addressed to the Office of Human Resources(609) 771-3079 at firstname.lastname@example.org