In support of The College of New Jersey’s mission to empower its diverse students, staff and faculty to sustain and enhance our communities, the Office of Human Resources is a catalyst, bridging HR strategic efforts with business goals by creating and delivering high-quality HR programs and services that facilitate an inclusive culture, and attract, reward, develop and inspire a talented and engaged workforce.
The Office of Human Resources is committed to valuing difference and ensuring that faculty and staff are diverse in ethnicity, gender, religion, philosophy, sexual orientation, and physical ability. At the same time, we are unified in the goal of achieving academic excellence and preparing students for life and work both locally and globally.
The Office of Human Resources strives to:
- Recruit highly qualified individuals that reflect diverse experiences, achievements and perspectives
- Retain valued faculty and staff
- Develop leaders
- Ensure consistent application of policies and practices that result in opportunities and equity in treatment for all
- Train and educate our workforce in order to promote individual success, life long learning and to enable both individual and collective contributions to the TCNJ community
- Ensure a safe and healthful work environment
- Inspire employee morale through recognition, effective communication and feedback
- Offer access to a comprehensive program of employee benefits
These collaborations are achieved through a philosophy of teamwork, effective organizational skills, proactive efforts and professionalism.
Human Resources: Building Foundations, Creating a Unified Community
To view the HR organizational structure, please click here: Office of Human Resources Organizational Chart
Dr. Gregory Pogue
Vice President, Office of Human Resources