What is Learning and Development (L&D)?
We define it as the practice of expanding the knowledge and effectiveness of people to accomplish increased personal and organizational performance and satisfaction. L&D involves assessing, researching, designing, delivering and evaluating individual, team and departmental engagement. It is….
ACTION ORIENTED & BEHAVIORAL BASED
Specifically, L&D offers consulting, professional and career development, and talent management programs and services to The College of New Jersey community. Our work is strategically designed to enhance organizational readiness and workplace culture to support our faculty and staff.
The L&D team believes:
- Learning and development is continuous.
- It is important to recognize and celebrate success.
- The optimal forum for creative, innovative thinking is open, collaborative, and fun.
- When staff are engaged in their work and feel a sense of community, we have done our jobs well.
Examples of L&D include:
- Talent planning
- Coaching (Individual, Group)
- Competency development
- Organizational assessments (DISC, SSP, 360s)
- Team building
- Action learning projects
- Leadership development
- Change management
- Retreat design & facilitation
- Engagement surveys
For more information, please contact Dr. Yvonne Catino at 609.771.3195