How can I contact TCNJ’s Payroll Office?
Payroll questions should be directed to email@example.com or 609-771-2087. The Payroll Office is located in the Administrative Services Building, Room 102, and is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. During the summer months, the Payroll Office will follow the College’s Energy Savings Program and will be closed as indicated on the schedule posted on the Payroll Office website.
What is an Employee Identification Number and where do I find it?
Your Employee Identification Number (Empl Id) is a unique number assigned to you when you are entered into the HR/Payroll system (EIS). If you are a student employee, it is assigned in PAWS.
Your Employee Identification Number is located on the upper left hand side of your timesheet or on the upper left hand side of your paystub underneath your address.
What is YESS?
YESS is an acronym for Your Employee Self-Service. YESS is a safe and convenient method of viewing and managing your personal data. It is available 24/7. You can use YESS to view and print your pay stubs, change your federal withholding tax, enroll in direct deposit and change account information, view state withholding tax, update your address, view personal data and job information. Instructions to access YESS can be found by clicking here.
What payment methods does TCNJ offer for payroll payments?
The preferable method is direct deposit. New employees will receive paychecks until they enroll in direct deposit. Pay statements may be viewed on YESS (Your Employee Self-Service). Employees not enrolled in direct deposit should pick up their paychecks in the Payroll Office on Friday between
8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. The summer check pick up schedule will be posted on the Payroll Office’s website.
How do I enroll in Direct Deposit?
You can conveniently enroll in direct deposit through YESS (Your Employee Self-Service). Instructions for accessing YESS and enrollment in direct deposit can be found by clicking here.
When am I paid?
Employees are paid biweekly. Faculty, staff and adjuncts are paid one week after the pay period ends. Students and temporary, part-time employees are paid two weeks after the pay period ends. Ten month employees receive 22 paychecks each academic year.
How can I obtain copies of my check stubs and pay advices?
YESS will allow employees to view and print a copy of their pay statements. This payroll information will remain on line so you can view and print copies of your pay statements at any time.
- Sign into Your Employee Self Service
- Select: View Paycheck under the Payroll and Compensation section.
- Your last paycheck will appear.
- To view previous pay statements, click on the link “Paycheck Selection.”
- You will then see a listing of all previous checks in order beginning with the most recent. Just click on the pay period end date of the check that you wish to view.
- To print a copy of the pay statement, go to the File in the toolbar and select Print. Choose the printer you wish to print to and select OK.
- Note – Not all printers contain the same fonts and some may not format the Pay Statement onto one page.
My paycheck has been lost or stolen, what should I do?
Complete and sign the Request for Stop Payment Form located in the Payroll Office. If the stop payment was successful, a duplicate check will be processed. If the check has been cashed, a stop payment cannot be processed. You will be notified by telephone or email the status of your stop payment request in 3 business days. If you have completed a stop payment form and the original check is located, do not attempt to cash or deposit it. Please return the original check to the Payroll Office.
How do I request a duplicate W-2 form?
The form can be faxed to the Payroll Office at 609-637-5142. The request will be processed within 3 business days.
How do I enroll in a credit union?
You can enroll in the Credit Union of New Jersey or Andrews Credit Union via the following links:
How can I increase my credit union deduction?
Complete an Authorization for Credit Union Deduction Card located in the Payroll Office. The total amount you want to deduct from your paycheck should be listed on the form.
What do I do if the check date on my paycheck has expired?
Return the check to the Payroll Office and a check with a current date will be issued to you. You should receive the reissued check within a week.
I did not receive a timesheet. Who do I contact?
Students should contact the Payroll Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Faculty and staff should contact the Human Resources Office at email@example.com.
How do I update my Federal Tax?
To View, Add, Change or Edit Your Federal W-4 Tax Status
- Sign into Your Employee Self Service (YESS)
- Select: W-4 Tax Information in the Payroll and Compensation section.
- Your Federal W-4 Tax Information will be displayed.
- Make any changes to the Federal W-4 by entering the data into the fields on this page.
- When you have completed the changes, click on the Submit button at the bottom of the page.
- After clicking on the Submit button, you will be required to enter your password to confirm your change, then click
- After saving the data, YESS will automatically send you an email that your Federal Tax Data has been updated.
How do I update my State Tax?
If you are a New Jersey resident, you must complete a NJ-W4. To obtain a NJ-W4, click here.
If you are moving to Pennsylvania, complete the Employee’s Certificate of Non-Residence in New Jersey. To obtain the PA Employee Certification of Non-Residence in NJ, click here.
Forms must be returned to the Payroll Office.