1) I don’t like my current dental insurance plan. When can I change my plan?
Answer: You must remain in your dental for 1 year. The College has Open Enrollment every October. During the Open Enrollment you can change your insurance plans. The effective date of the change will be January 1st of the following year.
2) If I waive health insurance coverage as a New Hire or during Open Enrollment, will I be able to opt in again in the future?
Answer: You will be able to enroll in the insurance if you do so within 60 days of the loss of coverage due to a life event such as divorce, death or loss of coverage due to a loss of job. You will need to provide proof of loss of coverage. You may also re-enroll during the annual Open Enrollment.
3) Are the health and dental payroll deductions taken on a “pre-tax” basis?
Answer: If the employee is enrolled in the Premium Option Program (POP), then the health and dental contributions will be considered pre-tax for federal income and social security tax purposes. Most employees are enrolled in the POP because it is the payroll system default and you would have had to decline the POP by completing a form.
4) I need to take a maternity leave of absence. What should I do?
Answer: You should contact the Benefits Administrator in the Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will then meet with the Benefits Administrator regarding the leave approval process for Family Leave under the FMLA and New Jersey FLA.
5) What should I do if I want to take an unpaid personal leave of absence for a year?
Answer: The information can be found under Personal Leave in the Leave of Absence section on the Human Resources’ web site and/or you may contact the Benefits Administrator in the Office of Human Resources at email@example.com.